It cost less than $10,000 extra to build this home to be one of the most energy efficient in the entire world. This home exists in the world’s harshest climate yet does not require a furnace or air conditioner.* By being so efficient this home helps to fight climate change while saving on energy costs every month.
Our homes are our most valuable assets and contribute in a big way to climate change. By understanding a few simple concepts you can save money, improve the local economy, fight climate change and protect yourself from fluctuating energy prices.
Right now your home is probably using more energy than necessary. With every day that goes by, this is costing you money and contributing to climate change. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Energy usage can be mitigated in an existing home, but if you are building a new home, you have the opportunity to cost effectively make a big difference. It is possible to save up to 80% of the energy consumed in a standard home for approximately the same construction cost. The way to do this is to build with a systems approach and Future Proof Your Home.
Take a moment and imagine the positive global impact we could make if existing homes were improved and all new homes were built in this manner or better. Picture the number of jobs created and imagine how the reduction in pollution would positively affect our health and our climate. This is an opportunity to create jobs and improve the lives of people in all corners of the world.
I am a registered Professional Engineer, LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited Professional in Building Design and Construction, a Certified Energy Auditor and a Certified Thermographer. After years of research I have simplified the knowledge of one of the world’s foremost energy efficiency experts in the field of residential construction into 30 easy-to-follow steps.
Take Action Now to Future Proof™ your home and fight climate change
Other than lower bills and being more environmentally friendly, here’s a scenario that you may have already experienced. Imagine that you’re sitting in your home in the middle of winter. Suddenly your power goes out. What do you do? Maybe you have a generator to run your furnace and appliances? But do you have access to gasoline to run that generator? If not, how are you and your family going to stay warm? How long will your home stay safe without power? Is it cold enough where you live that your plumbing could potentially freeze and cause water damage?
Kind of a scary scenario, isn’t it? It might seem unimaginable because we are so accustomed to a dependable system, but with increasingly unpredictable weather patterns, we really need to think about these possibilities as we build our society. Imagine where you would be without energy for even a day. Or what about when the price to heat your home increases significantly? What would you do? How would this affect you?
For New Homes…
If you are building a new home, you have the opportunity to build it so that you never have to worry about these situations. This protects your investment, your family and the environment while creating a more valuable asset.
For Existing Homes…
If you already have a home, there are steps that you can take to save on your bills and mitigate the impact that a change in the economy or the price of fuel would make in your life. With the threat of climate change affecting everything that we depend on, doesn’t it make sense to reduce your dependence on the system and reduce your ongoing monthly costs?
Why You MUST Read This Before Your Build Your Next Home
My name is Shane Wolffe and I work as a professional engineer with “Green Buildings” in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan – a city with one of the harshest climates that people live in. I am LEED accredited, a Certified Energy Auditor and a certified Thermographer. I’ve been fortunate enough to work with and learn from the best companies and minds involved with energy efficiency and green building.
To cost effectively help the environment and protect yourself while saving money on your bills every month, it involves much more than simply implementing solar, wind or geothermal. Though the principles that can help you build to live off the grid are quite simple, they are intimidating and too technical for most people. I feel that this should not be an excuse for continuing down the path of environmental degradation that we are all contributing to. This is why I have created this website and wrote THE book to make the principles of saving energy and building green simple and accessible to everyday folks like you.
Be a Part of the Solution
In North America our buildings use more energy and contribute to climate change more than any other sector, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Our homes can actually be part of the solution towards fighting climate change. If ordinary people know this and understand how to reduce their energy usage at home, we can make a massive difference that saves us money now, improves our local economies and makes the world a better place for future generations. The best part is that YOU can make this happen RIGHT NOW now by understanding a few simple principles that YOU can absorb in about an hour.
I’ve summarized the knowledge of how we can do this into a free report and video series. My intent is to solve a big part of this problem and benefit people directly. You can get the report for free right now by entering your name and email in the form above. After you confirm joining our mailing list and download the report, I will send you a series of short videos that explain how to take action right now.
You could pay a consultant like me over $125 per hour to learn the simple principles discussed in this report, but I believe that this information is too important for the future of our society to remain a mystery, which is why I am offering it to you for FREE.
In My FREE Report you will learn:
- How to reduce your energy consumption/dependence year round.
- What you need to do to ensure a healthy indoor environment.
- How to ensure that noisy traffic and barking pets don’t affect the tranquility of your home.
- How you can cut your heating bill by up to 70% and your cooling bill significantly by building according to how the sun moves.
- How to automatically keep your home cool in the summer for free while providing a great source of lighting in your home year round.
- The mindset that you need to achieve up to 85% greater energy efficiency than a standard home built to code for the same price or marginally more.
- How your home can save you money on a continual basis while increasing the value of your greatest asset. This was proven and developed in Saskatchewan, a place with one of the harshest climates in the world.
- Why many builders and designers are handcuffed or reluctant to implement much higher efficiency into all of their projects.
- How your home may become an investment that pays you back in some jurisdictions for the foresight you showed by reading and implementing the knowledge within this report.
- How you can be ready to produce your own power and be free of your dependence on fossil fuels when the time is right for you. After reading the report you will also understand why that day is coming much sooner than most people realize.
- How we can greatly reduce our municipal taxes, encourage a healthy local economy and create a long term sustainable society.
- And many more techniques that will make your new home much healthier and comfortable while also sheltering you and protecting your family from the inevitable energy price increases that will occur in the coming years. This will keep money in your pocket and will be a source of insurance for you if the worst were to happen in the dead of winter.
No More Excuses.
If you are building a home, you want to improve your current home, or you care about the environment and want to learn how you can reduce your bills and do your part to fight climate change without sacrificing your lifestyle; then this report was written specifically for you. Get it now by leaving your name and email address in the form on the top of this page.
If you are a contractor….
….and you want to build a sustainable more home for your customers, then you owe it to yourself and to your customers to understand this information. I wrote it in a simplified manner for home owners, but it’s up to professionals like you to know and apply these simple principles. Once you read it, you will realize that currently most of these principles are not taught in trade schools.
Get the report risk free by joining the FutureProofMyBuilding.com mailing list. Simply fill in your name and email address using the form on this page. If you don’t want to receive updates from me, then you can unsubscribe at any time and keep the report as my gift to you.
Build a better world for our children – Download My Report Now
* Small electric heaters are used in winter and fans are used in summer. These much cheaper equipment options are required to maintain comfortable temperatures even at -40°C (-40°F) when a systems approach to building is understood and used. $10,000 was the premium paid in 1992, costs today will vary according to building method utilized. You can get this understanding for free right now. Download it by entering your information in the form on the top of this page.